Sunday, November 13, 2005

A comment on sleep...

I'm simply not getting it. The demons that haunt my soul can't seem to find me in Gods arms. I've up to this point simply dismissed the insomniac in me as a side-effect; something that the flood of thought interrupts -- but maybe it's not this at all. Maybe somehow my sleep is being interupted by a particular thought. I wake easily when I'm having a bad dream. I simply refuse to have a dream that I don't agree with. Maybe similar things are causing me to be lucid about playback. There's a school of thought that says that when you go to sleep, one of the brain functions that we possess is a sort of neural reorganization -- your brain rearanges memory into more consise order. I have a few crazy thoughts there -- I think it's where short term memory is cleared and placed into long-term memory. That's why you get the playback effect in some cases and dreams in others.

Possibly some thoughts are simply not processing well, so I wake myself to prevent having to look or store them. It's a crazy idea. I'm off to do some work, so in this case, it functioned like an alarm clock...
--FeriCyde

No comments: